The Port District Football club was formed in 1979 after an amalgamation of both the Semaphore Central (1898) & Exeter (1932) Football Clubs. These two clubs were 2 of the oldest metropolitan football clubs and both played out of Largs Reserve – the current home base of Port District
Since 1979, hundreds of players have pulled on the PDFC jumper. However, only 4 players have made it past the 300 game mark. Another 5 have played over 250 and 20 players have passed the 200 senior games. The club record for games played is held by club legend Tim Cocking with 343 games.